Parish church of Rufforth, Yorkshire

on the B1224 road from Wetherby to York

Sunday 12 November 2017


10.50 Act of Remembrance followed by Holy Communion.

Canon Alastair Dunn


More information



At present we are in a Vacancy. Our services continue with the help of visiting clergy and our Local Team and everyone is very welcome to join in our worship.




About the church


Built in 1894/5 the current building replaced the previous Saxon or early Norman construction. Killinghall stone with Whitby stone dressing is used in the Gothic style of architecture. Internally, suitable stone from the old church has been used. The two Norman doorways from the old church, one from the congregation and one for the priest, were preserved and refitted in the new church. The interior underside of the roof is of oak, barrel vaulted with carved bosses and carved figures. The Architects were Messres. Domaine and Brierley of York. With accomodation for 120 congregation the church is a grade II listed building and had a major maintenance and refurbisment programme undertaken in 1998.